Depression & Anxiety
The data shows that approximately 300 million people are suffering from depression and anxiety globally. In this article, we will cover what might be the causative agent of depression, and how do pharmacists help to lessen the condition? What causes depression and anxiety, what are the signs and symptoms of depression? Above all, what pharmacists can do to help those who are depressed in society?
What is Depression & Anxiety?
Signs and Symptoms of Depressions & Anxiety
- Change in appetite
- Feeling low
- No motivation
- Weight gain or loss
- Loss of energy or fatigue
- Restlessness and agitation
Can Pharmacist help with Depression & Anxiety?
- Offering counseling on the appropriate medicine to use
- Following up the patients for drug-related problems
- Assessing patient’s knowledge and skills concerning the medicine given
- Providing counselling on non-pharmaceutical avenues to treat depression